Playing Catch Up
I’m at a loss as to what to write! So much has happened. I guess I’ll just do a run down..
1. My baby turned 1. We had an Easter Birthday bash and I made a kick ass robot pinata and wyatt had a whole cake COVERED in sprinkles to himself. I don’t think he slept for 16 hours. We ate a shit ton of candy and had a beautiful day. It’s been a monumental year and I’ve grown in so many ways. He has taught me patience, unconditional love, and more lessons than I can even fathom. I love my little boy more than anything I’ve ever known and my life would be absolutely empty without him. I have learned to really live in the moment and savor every little second with him, I take pictures of his toes and his ears so I’ll never forget. He’s funny and smart and a joy to be with. I am so lucky to be his mama.
2. We went to LA for a quick trip. I was once again bummed that I didn’t get to hang out with my friends more, but I’ll take every minute I get. It was fun to hang out with family though no matter how different they are from my family. It was also quite the adventure flying solo while pregnant with a walking one year old!
3. I realized how important my girlfriends are to me. I sometimes forget that I have a support system until it really kicks in. I think I’ve been more open to learning about myself and this great big world we are living in, which makes me more open to relationships. I was closed off for so long. Now when I’m upset and need to vent, I have friends to turn to. And when I’m happy and proud of something, I have girls to share that with.
4. Spring has finally hit Montana. It snowed last week and this week it is 70 and gorgeous. I love it.
5. I had 2 stints in the hospital last week that were no fun. At 29 weeks I began having contractions every 5 minutes, no bueno. So, after calling the doctor they told me just to come in to labor and delivery. After a few hours of monitoring they gave me a shot to stop contractions and it worked almost immediately, however, 12 hours later they started right back up. So, I call again and they tell me to come in. UGHHHHH, it sucked, but it would suck more to have a baby 11 weeks premature. She ain’t ready to come out yet! So, now I’m on modified bedrest and prescription medication to keep the contractions at bay. I’m sure it will all be fine, but it was quite the scare. I’ve spent the past week lounging about and to say it is difficult is an understatement. Especially with a 1 year old. It’s alright though, at least we have a nice backyard and it’s nice weather now.
6. I’m seriously considering just getting married at the courthouse. Even though we pushed the wedding to next year, I just don’t think I want to do it. Maybe once this little lady is born we will all go in and get married together as our own little family. I plan on throwing a party after, but I don’t know if I’m up to planning a full blown wedding. Plus, we are paying for everything ourselves and I just don’t think it’s feasible. If we even get married at this point, gosh it’s such a headache to me.
7. I am starting a budget for our family. Our spending is out of control and it needs to be tamed! I have been doing a lot of research and we are going to start out with the envelope cash system to try for the summer. It makes old school sense to me. Then we are really going to aim for a $1,000 emergency fund and a 6-9 month backup fund. I am a really frugal person by nature, but even thrift shopping and couponing pointless items adds up. Shopping was and is definitely a hobby for my mom and I and various other family members, so I have to stick to my guns and really cut it down. I cancelled cable, I do coupon, and I’m looking for a less expensive house for us to live in. It’s a big undertaking and it’s even harder to get your significant other on board, but I would be much happier with money in the bank than wasted on useless items. And who woulda thought I’d be thinking about two college funds! Time to get serious.
Alright, well I think that catches me up, at least somewhat! Wyatt just crawled on my lap so I suppose it’s time for a snuggle instead of clacking away on this keyboard.